I still get this error. Have no idea why.
when I open openoffice for the first time in a session, and save a file, it says "Error loading BASIC of document file://opt/openoffice/share/basica/Template/script.xlb/:General Error" General input/output error.
What does this mean? I have to click away ten or so of these boxes before the file is saved. Each error shows the location of a different "script.xlb". I apt-get removed openoffice and apt-get installed it again and this problem did not go away. In fact, it got worse. it went from 5 or so error alerts to about 10.
I still get this error. Have no idea why.
Have you previously been running OO. I had the same problem but removing my $HOME/.openoffice directory fixed it. I guess .openoffice stores some invalid paths from earlier installations.
A
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=113208
This issue was resolved on LinuxQuestions.org.
Posting here so people can see for future reference.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4-CB Wifi 8th/9th Geb 1151 Motherboard
$84.99
ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99