I still get this error. Have no idea why.
when I open openoffice for the first time in a session, and save a file, it says "Error loading BASIC of document file://opt/openoffice/share/basica/Template/script.xlb/:General Error" General input/output error.
What does this mean? I have to click away ten or so of these boxes before the file is saved. Each error shows the location of a different "script.xlb". I apt-get removed openoffice and apt-get installed it again and this problem did not go away. In fact, it got worse. it went from 5 or so error alerts to about 10.
I still get this error. Have no idea why.
Have you previously been running OO. I had the same problem but removing my $HOME/.openoffice directory fixed it. I guess .openoffice stores some invalid paths from earlier installations.
A
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=113208
This issue was resolved on LinuxQuestions.org.
Posting here so people can see for future reference.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$400.50
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96
SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM DDR4 Server Memory RAM
$355.00
Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00
Hynix ECC SERVER RAM - 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB2-12 HMA84GR7DJ4RN - XN T4 AD
$330.00
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00