I still get this error. Have no idea why.
when I open openoffice for the first time in a session, and save a file, it says "Error loading BASIC of document file://opt/openoffice/share/basica/Template/script.xlb/:General Error" General input/output error.
What does this mean? I have to click away ten or so of these boxes before the file is saved. Each error shows the location of a different "script.xlb". I apt-get removed openoffice and apt-get installed it again and this problem did not go away. In fact, it got worse. it went from 5 or so error alerts to about 10.
I still get this error. Have no idea why.
Have you previously been running OO. I had the same problem but removing my $HOME/.openoffice directory fixed it. I guess .openoffice stores some invalid paths from earlier installations.
A
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hreadid=113208
This issue was resolved on LinuxQuestions.org.
Posting here so people can see for future reference.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream GXW4501 Digital VoIP Gateway Works TESTED W Box It Came In.
$296.96
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T73W IP Phone VoIP Desk Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black
$70.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Ooma Telo VoIP Free Internet Home Phone Service. Certified Refurbished.
$59.99
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone - Charcoal
$98.95