-
Networking Knoppic (CD) and windows XP
Ok here's my issues,
A guya work with, his XP laptop has crashed and we NEED to get some files (about 1gig) off of it. When Xp loads, it goes straight to the blue screen of Death.
So I throw in Knoppix 3.2 Cd, boots up fine, I can see the files under the hard drive, BUT when I try to just connect using a cross over cable from the XP machine to the Knoppix I can't seem to get the machines to "show" a connection.
If I hardcode the IP's I am able to ping each other just fine, but I can't figure out how in the GUI screen how to view my XP laptop to the Knoppix laptop, any idea's? We need to get these files out before we format the damned XP box... Any help would be great, as well a littel more "Walk through" style instructions, since I haven't had the chance to play with knoppix much my self as I am never home on my Linux box...
Similar Threads
-
By Phishman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 12:03 AM
-
By Jakykong in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 03:29 AM
-
By Case in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
-
By JLocke in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:06 AM
-
By Peterobe in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 08:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4
$229.95

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

WINDOWS 11 PRO 64-BIT USB
$32.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95