Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: reformat?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    reformat?



    how do I reformat my knoppix only hard drive?
    I tried using the "cfdisk" will not work.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    22
    if you are trying to get rid of linux off your hdd and clean it and if you are using kpx3.3 distro there is an utility called wipe that does a very low level format and turns everything to zero binary.

    other utilities could be found of net for cleaning hdd

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: reformat?

    --The question is, what do you want to reformat it TO? (and why)

    Quote Originally Posted by hitz


    how do I reformat my knoppix only hard drive?
    I tried using the "cfdisk" will not work.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    reformat ??


    I just want to remove the linux knoppix 3.2 from my hard drive.
    I messed up the install, now I can't boot to knoppix.
    so I can try something else.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: reformat ??

    --Why not just try reinstalling? Part of the installation process is formatting the drive with ext3, reiserfs, xfs, whatever...

    --But anyway, to answer your question...

    --Boot the cd in runlevel 2 ' knoppix 2 '
    o Run fdisk /dev/blah
    oo Delete all partitions on that drive
    oo ' w ' to save and quit
    o ' reboot ' into windows

    o run fdisk from windows and format from there. I recommend FAT32 over NTFS, but that's just personal pref.

    Quote Originally Posted by hitz

    I just want to remove the linux knoppix 3.2 from my hard drive.
    I messed up the install, now I can't boot to knoppix.
    so I can try something else.

Similar Threads

  1. Reformat A Hard Drive in Knoppix
    By marksoccer105 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2005, 12:44 AM
  2. Reclaim and reformat partition.
    By Lamont in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-26-2003, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Micron 5200 MAX 480GB Enterprise/DC 2.5

Micron 5200 MAX 480GB Enterprise/DC 2.5" SATA SSD - 5 DWPD 100% Health

$94.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$36.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A

$49.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99