or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
Hey guys,
I've got a problem, the inetd was running before and i was able to login as root so i was able to ftp to /var/www.
I had to restart my knoppix server (i've got a hdd install) and inetd was not working anymore.
So i deleted hosts.allow/deny and it worked again, but there was one problem:
I can't login as root anymore.
and when i login as knoppix i only see 3 directories and can't get to /var/wwwCode:421-Server disabled. 421 Reason: Root login not allowed.
I really need to get there cause there is my current website located
Someone any idea how to solve this by ssh?
I can't get to my knoppix server as it is in a other country.
Thanks in advance.
Michael
or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
most likey the location is /etc
there should be file /etc/ftp.users
edit this file and delete the line with "root"
this file restricts the users mentioned in them
delete user root and save the file and you are all set
happy ftp'ing
--Actually it is /etc/ftpusers.
--Note: You really DO NOT WANT to be able to login as root over ftp. This allows your box to be easily hacked if it IS enabled.
--If you need root access to anything, login as a regular user over ssh and su. You maybe able to edit the /etc/proftpd.conf file (or whatever the name is, I switched to vsftpd so not sure anymore) to redefine the default ftp dir.
Originally Posted by certifieduser
thanks a lot for your reaction.
I tried but didn't work, it works for other users but root is still not allowed.
I have a serious problem now i was developing a website and has to be done before the 12th of november please help!
Thanks in advance,
michael
Thanks!
It worked after set DO_CHROOT="no" in /etc/bftpd.conf
Thanks a lot!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
$450.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55