or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
Hey guys,
I've got a problem, the inetd was running before and i was able to login as root so i was able to ftp to /var/www.
I had to restart my knoppix server (i've got a hdd install) and inetd was not working anymore.
So i deleted hosts.allow/deny and it worked again, but there was one problem:
I can't login as root anymore.
and when i login as knoppix i only see 3 directories and can't get to /var/wwwCode:421-Server disabled. 421 Reason: Root login not allowed.
I really need to get there cause there is my current website located
Someone any idea how to solve this by ssh?
I can't get to my knoppix server as it is in a other country.
Thanks in advance.
Michael
or can anyone tell me how to give a user root access?
most likey the location is /etc
there should be file /etc/ftp.users
edit this file and delete the line with "root"
this file restricts the users mentioned in them
delete user root and save the file and you are all set
happy ftp'ing
--Actually it is /etc/ftpusers.
--Note: You really DO NOT WANT to be able to login as root over ftp. This allows your box to be easily hacked if it IS enabled.
--If you need root access to anything, login as a regular user over ssh and su. You maybe able to edit the /etc/proftpd.conf file (or whatever the name is, I switched to vsftpd so not sure anymore) to redefine the default ftp dir.
Originally Posted by certifieduser
thanks a lot for your reaction.
I tried but didn't work, it works for other users but root is still not allowed.
I have a serious problem now i was developing a website and has to be done before the 12th of november please help!
Thanks in advance,
michael
Thanks!
It worked after set DO_CHROOT="no" in /etc/bftpd.conf
Thanks a lot!

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79