Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Auto FSCK every 22 times & keyboard setting at boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    5

    Auto FSCK every 22 times & keyboard setting at boot

    Hi,
    how can I disable the auto fsck?
    Every 22 times I boot it says: fsck forced after 22 times.
    pls help me.

    Plus Knoppix loads the us standard keyboard at boot thus once I go into console I have to run kbdconfig and select my keboard. Where do I change initial keyboards layout loading?

    thanks a lot

    Gabriele

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Auto FSCK every 22 times & keyboard setting at boot

    --Use tune2fs to change the fsck count. ' man tune2fs ' If you're still using ext2, also use tune2fs to add a journal (makes ext2 into ext3) and change the /etc/fstab entry from ext2 to ext3.

    Quote Originally Posted by suoko
    Hi,
    how can I disable the auto fsck?
    Every 22 times I boot it says: fsck forced after 22 times.
    pls help me.

    Plus Knoppix loads the us standard keyboard at boot thus once I go into console I have to run kbdconfig and select my keboard. Where do I change initial keyboards layout loading?

    thanks a lot

    Gabriele

Similar Threads

  1. Auto selecting keyboard
    By naoliv in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 06:22 AM
  2. Hdd install auto boot into 2.65?
    By Jesse in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 06:53 PM
  3. HDD Boot, fsck repair and reboot ???
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:22 PM
  4. auto boot into 1024x768 w/o entering into boot: menu
    By HOLOTMO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 08:08 AM
  5. KDE UPGRADE AND KEYBOARD SETTING IN CONSOLE
    By terminator in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$55.00



Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033

$125.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate 2.5

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500

$19.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar  6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860

$129.99