-
Controling APM - suspends with AC connected
Hi,
I installed Knoppix onto my Amarda M700 Laptop and I am trying to stop my laptop suspending even though it is on AC power. It will always suspend after about 10-15 of not recieving any keyboard clicks.
I would like to either switch suspend off completely, or preferably only suspend when I press the suspend button on the laptop. Is there anyway to control apm to manage this??
I changed /etc/apm/apmd_proxy.conf and amended the command:
SUSPEND_ON_AC=false
This does not make any difference. Would there be other packages or configurations that I should look at??
Johnny.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try at the LILO screen when booting linux apm=off if it works then add the apm=off to the append= line in the /etc/lilo.conf and run /sbin/lilo to have the change take effect on every boot.
Similar Threads
-
By imperator1967 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 12:37 PM
-
By fannymites in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 07:46 AM
-
By vordul in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 04:58 AM
-
By mightydavefish in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 10:04 PM
-
By fuzzy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95