Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: hda: lost interrupt

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4

    hda: lost interrupt

    I'm getting this error when starting Knoppix 3.3 on a Toshiba Satellite Laptop. Computer spent lots of time "Detecting Harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab..." so I C-c and get this error. Before X starts, screen flashes about five times and then X is started; flashes again about four times then KDE is started.

    When I tried to mount /dev/hda1 or /dev/hda it hangs. I tried enabling DMA but it hangs too.

    I deleted my old Mandrake Linux partition and now computer does the "detecting harddisk..." part and then I get the "hda: lost interrupt" message. I think I got this error before but the screen flashes didn't let me see it.

    I would appreciate any help, because I want to install Knoppix on harddisk and I definitely can't mount any partitions on my harddisk.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    SOunds like the partition table might be hosed up. If you can afford to zero your drive then do a:

    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda

    Then repartition- you shouldn't get that error anymore.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    6
    Please take a look at the threads
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5331
    and
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5675

    This problem belongs to many Toshiba notebooks. The last proven Knoppix version that runs without problems is V3.2 2003-06-06

    Greets
    strummoewe

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1
    I solved it by including noacpi in the boot-append in /etc/lilo.conf

Similar Threads

  1. Lost interrupt Error Message
    By Matabus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 06:30 AM
  2. Dell IDE drives & Lost Interrupt
    By ps56k in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2005, 10:27 PM
  3. hde : lost interrupt (desktop machine)
    By Yakumo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
  4. lost interrupt - no loading
    By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 02:13 AM
  5. "lost interrupt" error
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2003, 10:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99