-
FreeS/WAN help needed....
Hi, I'm a novice in Knoppix and would like to know the support of FreeS/WAN in Knoppix. I guess re-compile the kernel is required, isn't it? After gone through half of steps listed in the 'remasting-howto' and reached the add/remove package section, I apt-get install the kernel-source, freeswan, and kernel-patch-freeswan. Then what's next? Thanks!
-
I second the freeswan motion
I am in the same situation as magi. I noticed the Makefile in /usr/src and tried it (after untarring freeswan into the modules directory). The build fails with this:
Makefile:216: /usr/src/linux/Rules.make: No such file or directory
(Has anybody else noticed that google has become significantly less helpful over the past several months? It's really hard to find what I'm looking for now ....)
-
I can successfully compile and reboot the kernel now, after reading and digest many previous post.
However, FreeS/WAN support is not easy. The kernel in Knoppix3.3 is 2.4.22 and the current debian version of kernel-patch-freeswan is 1.9, which is imcompatible to 2.4.22. According to some posts, 1.9 can only work with 2.4.20. I search through the Internet and finally able to get the Knoppix3.1 which kernel is 2.4.20. However, I cannot find the xfs patch for 2.4.20 and only version for 2.4.22 is available.
Anyone please tell me where can I download the xfs patch for 2.4.20....
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
magi
I can successfully compile and reboot the kernel now, after reading and digest many previous post.
However, FreeS/WAN support is not easy. The kernel in Knoppix3.3 is 2.4.22 and the current debian version of kernel-patch-freeswan is 1.9, which is imcompatible to 2.4.22. According to some posts, 1.9 can only work with 2.4.20. I search through the Internet and finally able to get the Knoppix3.1 which kernel is 2.4.20. However, I cannot find the xfs patch for 2.4.20 and only version for 2.4.22 is available.
Anyone please tell me where can I download the xfs patch for 2.4.20....
You should post to the developers list someone there should be able to help. The address is [email protected] you will have to subscribe to the list to post to it.
Similar Threads
-
By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
-
By kgw in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 07:44 AM
-
By junior in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
-
By sweetzip in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB
$54.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99