Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Have I screwed-up apt-get?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Canton, GA
    Posts
    5

    Have I screwed-up apt-get?

    I am running Knoppix 3.2 and have taken all the updates. I was trying to install Knode using "apt-get install knode/unstable". It appears that it wanted to replace some newer files with older ones, but I don't think that has happened. Now, when I try to "apt-get install [anypackage] it indicates that package "libxcursor-dev" cannot be installed that I first should try "apt-get -f install". I try this but it then gives me an error message. What can I do to clear up this problem? My "apt-get update" still works. I have given up on trying to install Knode. I just want to clear out the slate. Help

    Bob

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    The very fine search function located top and center for your searching enjoyment got me this post on this very subject.

Similar Threads

  1. screwed up sudo
    By nishtya in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:48 PM
  2. Am I screwed to wait?
    By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 07:35 AM
  3. Install and Refresh rate screwed up
    By DragonDon in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2004, 02:10 PM
  4. HD Installs: Have you screwed one up before?
    By jdong in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:16 AM
  5. I screwed up!!
    By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 10:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW picture

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW

$225.00



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Dell - XPS 13.4

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...

$599.99



Dell OptiPlex 7080 MT Intel 8-Core, i7-10700 2.9GHz 16GB Ram 512SSD HD Win11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 7080 MT Intel 8-Core, i7-10700 2.9GHz 16GB Ram 512SSD HD Win11

$309.00



AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked picture

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked

$69.99



10'' Laptop Windows 11 Notebook 8GB+128GB Intel Celeron Quad-Core Processors picture

10'' Laptop Windows 11 Notebook 8GB+128GB Intel Celeron Quad-Core Processors

$239.99



HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

HP EliteBook 840 G8 Laptop 14” FHD Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$299.99