Excellent!!! I wish I had this about 6 weeks ago![]()
![]()
IBM did a nice little howto on system recovery with Knoppix which is located here. It's not ground breaking news for anyone familiar with Knoppix, but it's nice that they did this nonetheless.
Excellent!!! I wish I had this about 6 weeks ago![]()
![]()
Me too, but I have now, and it is VERY interesting with numerous links and very informative........Originally Posted by j.drake
I knew about this article already, and in fact have handed printed copies of along with the lastest 3.3 CD to a few of sys admin friends at various corporations. Today, however, this article and Knoppix saved my life when I accidentally set my NT partition to non-active on my laptop. So I whipped up the article, ran qtparted as instructed, and SHAZAM!! I'm back in business.
What a life saver!!
Dave A.
A simple DOS floppy could have done the job. Less boot time involved!
True, but it is more fun with KnoppixOriginally Posted by Hunkah
![]()

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
GIGABYTE H310M S2P Motherboard
$55.99
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99