-
how do you make a bootdisk?
I made a boot disk during the Knoppix install process, because my system will not boot without a boot disk because of my hardware configuration.
I have backed up my bootdisk using "dd", but when I tried to make another one using any debian utitiles that I could find, the bootdisks were unsucessful at booting my system.
I tried some sorta "mkbootdisk" command that I can't remember anymore, but it didn't boot my system. It came up with lilo and then stopped. My knoppix bootdisk uses SYSLINUX, and I'm sure there's some sorta utilty that can make boot disks right?
I searched my packages and tried mindi. This utitity can't create a bootdisk, instead it creates a set of six disks, which is not what a bootdisk is 
If it matters, I'm booting off my primary slave drive, that's the way it is. Rather disappointingly, I can't change that, I hooked up the linux drive as primary master and when I booted with my boot floppy it wouldn't boot. I don't think regular boot worked either. Note that I have 4-5 partitions on this drive and the first two are FAT32 data partitions.
Similar Threads
-
By victorhooi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
-
By Alexxx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By Nils_ in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 10:16 PM
-
By reecegeorge in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-22-2003, 07:11 AM
-
By marcelwalus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99