Uh, whoops!

I'll do that next time.

I'm confused. Both "mkboot" and "mindi" are according to whatis, are programs that make boot disks, but neither produced a working boot disk. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
--Did you put a syslinux.cfg file on the floppy, and modify it to fit your kernel filename (vmlinuz) and root device (/dev/hdbX)?

--I modified the instructions so that if you had recompiled your kernel, yours would be copied to floppy instead of Knoppix's. If you're just using the default, no need to mount your root partition, you can just copy the kernel from cd.

Quote Originally Posted by lavaman094
Fair enough, apology accepted. Note that you might want to re-write down the instructions, I edited the post to copy the kernel file from your root partition instead of CD.
ehhh....I tried your original instructions and it immediately says "Boot failed" upon trying to boot of the floppy. Will your new instructions work better? Why would my own vmlinuz file work and not the knoppix CD's vmlinuz file?