Hi you all.
My Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card is not recognised. The crdmgr says that is is not supported.
Everything works fine with an Avaya Silver.
Any suggestion?
Thanks, Gulliver
Hi you all.
My Linksys WPC11 PCMCIA card is not recognised. The crdmgr says that is is not supported.
Everything works fine with an Avaya Silver.
Any suggestion?
Thanks, Gulliver
I have my WPC11 card working in an IBM Thinkpad 770Z.
Here are some tips that may or may not be helpful:
- I am using the Dec 07, 2002 Knoppix release
- I have recently upgraded the firmware for the card. (see the linksys site)
- To get it running, I boot up with the card removed from the machine, then after the system comes up I edit the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts files so that they have the correct values for my setup (actually I repoint the link to different copies of these files on my HD.)
- Then I insert the card and it "just works"
I don't know if this will help or not, but this is what I did to get this working.
(One other note: From what I have read, there are some WPC11 cards (Version 2.7 IIRC), that use a different chipset, and may not work at all)
Thanks RickW!
Indeed, using the latest version of Knoppix everything works fine.
Regards, Gulliver![]()
I have a SAGER LAPTOP computer and I have the December 12 version of knoppix installed on the HD and I can't get my wireless card to configure... It sais that I need to upgrade from version 14 to 15 ....
I am going to try to get the pcmcia ops set but I would like someone to give me some ideas..
![]()
check out this url for this info... dont exactly know how much it will help but it is pretty specific...
http://www.linuxhq.com/ldp/howto/min...C11/index.html
hat exactly did you do to the network.ops file? i'm trying to egt it to work rigth now.. and i nkow i hav to disable something... but it's the second thing i'ev ever editintg in linux... so I'm nto sure wh at it is...
So far i've commented out the bottom part.. the onet hat says it's okto deleat if nto desired..

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 5.2GHz 3D V-Cache CPU NEW SEALED
$400.00