-
I have my WPC11 card working in an IBM Thinkpad 770Z.
Here are some tips that may or may not be helpful:
- I am using the Dec 07, 2002 Knoppix release
- I have recently upgraded the firmware for the card. (see the linksys site)
- To get it running, I boot up with the card removed from the machine, then after the system comes up I edit the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts and /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts files so that they have the correct values for my setup (actually I repoint the link to different copies of these files on my HD.)
- Then I insert the card and it "just works"
I don't know if this will help or not, but this is what I did to get this working.
(One other note: From what I have read, there are some WPC11 cards (Version 2.7 IIRC), that use a different chipset, and may not work at all)
Similar Threads
-
By bljohnson in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By bljohnson in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 10:41 PM
-
By CyberDork in forum Laptops
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By PAlvarez in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By cgoodier in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50