-
Junior Member
registered user
Goodbye Knoppix - Hello Mandrake
My KNOPPIX disk cracked in my drive (I think that's where it cracked. A 1/2" crack starting from the middle outward. The CD felt warm, too - I wonder what's going on with that?
Anyway, I figured that since I have to replace the disk and I heard that the Mandrake installation was really easy (I'm a real newbie) I might as well order Mandrake. Then I thought of ordering Debian, and I wonder in fact whether Mandrake is Debian-based - I hope so. Debian has so many disks, and I only have 5.5 Gigs from my 20 Gig hard drive for LINUX.
I don't know whether this forum could support Mandrake questions, but thanks for your help getting started anyway.
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By jehan60188 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-10-2005, 03:56 AM
-
By knopppixxx in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-11-2004, 02:01 PM
-
By rowck001 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
-
By Muka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 03:56 PM
-
By fullerton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 04:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage Apple Mac OS 9 Retail Box 1999 Sherlock 2 Original CD Manuals
$50.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Kineses PS/2 Keyboard to Macintosh Adapter Converter Vintage Interface Apple
$60.00

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **
$99.99

Vintage Mac System 7 Personal Upgrade Kit Apple Software 3.5” Floppy 1991 NEW
$142.45

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99