Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to install Knoppix on small HDD (1GB) ?

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
    Ok ignore my last post

    I think I have it all working but now I need to edit some files .. how do I get KDE to log me in as root ?
    to login as root in KDE, just start up in console mode

    do a (boot parameter "2") , and then run "startx" (don't init 5) that should log you in as root.

    (you could also do a "sudo init 2" and then type "startx" to login as root if you only need this once)

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    6
    Thanks that didn't work. But I was able to edit the file I wanted with something called emacs .. I have no ide how I even found it

    The problem I'm having is that the system won't take my cheat code (xvrefresh 56) either when I type it in at boot or loaded from the syslinux.cfg file. Also there is still a ram disk being loaded and I was wondering if I still need that with the hard drive install? Can I just coment it out in the syslinux.cfg file ?


    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfan
    Quote Originally Posted by JaVelin >X
    Ok ignore my last post

    I think I have it all working but now I need to edit some files .. how do I get KDE to log me in as root ?
    to login as root in KDE, just start up in console mode

    do a (boot parameter "2") , and then run "startx" (don't init 5) that should log you in as root.

    (you could also do a "sudo init 2" and then type "startx" to login as root if you only need this once)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. making knoppix verry small
    By dougvega in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
  2. small knoppix
    By isomari in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
  3. HD install on a small HD (1.4Gb)
    By le_random in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:57 PM
  4. Knoppix HD Install - Small Problem re. other program - help!
    By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
  5. Small hard drive install
    By JaVelin >X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA picture

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA

$10.49



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords picture

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords

$149.99



Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working) picture

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)

$89.99



Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller picture

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller

$29.99



Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks picture

Commodore 64 disk drive - enhancer 2000 & 30 disks

$110.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 128 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99