-
Thanks that didn't work. But I was able to edit the file I wanted with something called emacs .. I have no ide how I even found it 
The problem I'm having is that the system won't take my cheat code (xvrefresh 56) either when I type it in at boot or loaded from the syslinux.cfg file. Also there is still a ram disk being loaded and I was wondering if I still need that with the hard drive install? Can I just coment it out in the syslinux.cfg file ?

Originally Posted by
charlesfan

Originally Posted by
JaVelin >X
Ok ignore my last post
I think I have it all working but now I need to edit some files .. how do I get KDE to log me in as root ?

to login as root in KDE, just start up in console mode
do a (boot parameter "2") , and then run "startx" (don't init 5) that should log you in as root.
(you could also do a "sudo init 2" and then type "startx" to login as root if you only need this once)
Similar Threads
-
By dougvega in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2005, 09:55 PM
-
By isomari in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 09:45 AM
-
By le_random in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:57 PM
-
By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
-
By JaVelin >X in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 07:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.27

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00