I have a Toshiba 3440ct which does not have a bootable CD drive. The machine has a bootable USB floppy drive, a non-bootable PCMCIA CD drive, and a hard disk.
I tried booting from floppies created through Knoppix 3.1 [mkfloppy.bat on KNOPPIX folder] and Knoppix 3.4 [as mentioned here http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/BootFloppyHowTo ]. These boot floppies apparently do not support PCMCIA CD drives. Is that correct? How do I install Knoppix on this laptop? While I do not have a PCMCIA ethernet card, I intend to purchase one for this laptop. I suspect that the boot floppy may not recognise it for installation over the LAN. Am I correct in this assumption?
PS: I also tried Smart Boot Manager which also does not support PCMCIA CD drives.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59