-
Great.
It worked a treat.
Actually, I found an easier way to do this...
I tried 'apt-get install sysvinit/unstable' to force the switch. Essentially this should work, but dpkg falls over on sysv-rc - I think this is due to change in dependencies between the versions of sysvinit in woody and sid....
I updated my /etc/apt/sources.list to point to stable and testing as well and tried 'apt-get install sysvinit/testing' getting the same problem and then 'apt-get install sysinit/stable' which solved the problem. This also fixed up all the dependencies so I go then go ahead and upgrade to the unstable version.
Having done this, I was able to 'apt-get --purge remove knoppix*' to remove all the neat little programs like 'soundcardconfig-knoppix' that I no longer need.
Similar Threads
-
By ecserver in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 01:25 PM
-
By Qizz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By Drezliok in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 11:04 PM
-
By KnightPusher in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 08:27 PM
-
By tfitzgex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon W-2155 SR3LR 3.30GHz, 10 Cores Processor.
$99.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T7820 Dual Xeon 4214R 48GB RAM 512GB + 1TB Quadro P400 Win 11
$699.00