knoppix is one of the most secure distro I have ever came accross.
bottom line. security is in the eye of beholder.
I had an opportunity to re-install Knoppix as the Debian type (option in 'knoppix-installer') and decided to check how secure the default configuration is. The last install I did I included Arno's firewall script and this did seem to be completely secure. So I used the Sygate scan website to check:-
http://scan.sygate.com
So, the default installation comes back with:-
UDP ports - 'open' 135 location service & 111 SUNPRC
TCP/IP ports - 'open' 68 ?, 111 SUNPRC and 631 ?
ICMP type 8 - open
Trojan scan - no results
Stealthscan - all ports closed but not 'stealthed' - i.e. visible
This doesn't seem to bad to me..... what do people out there think?
(I'll put Arno's script back on anyway!)
Stu.....
knoppix is one of the most secure distro I have ever came accross.
bottom line. security is in the eye of beholder.
If your are not satisfied with this results just install a firewall
for example firestarter and you will be able to close ports or stealth
them how you like, if you are just runnning from the cd I can almost not imaging a safer opportunity, but then if you are really paranoid
just disconnect your harddisk(still left something to be afraid off??)

IBM PC Manuals Books Lot of 6 Vintage
$250.00
Vintage computer AMD K6-2 300 MHz 96 MB ram No HDD/No OS
$79.99
Vintage Media Vision Pro Audio Studio PAS16 ISA Sound Card 650-0060 A. PC
$90.00
Rare Vintage Apple 820-0729-B PC Compatibility Card PCI PowerMac
$299.00
Vintage Ceramic IC Chips 50 Pcs For Collection
$550.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Adobe FrameMaker 5 Macintosh Vintage 1996 Software CD Floppies Box Manuals
$129.99
COOLER MASTER AERO 7 LITE CPU HEATSINK SOCKET A 370 462 VINTAGE NEW AMD INTEL
$89.95
7 Vintage Microsoft Software CDs Lot Windows XP Home 2000 95 Works PC
$35.98
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99