-
Junior Member
registered user
Having now done it both ways, I'm pretty pleased with the debian installation (although I basically knew what to expect, since I had installed debian style on a PC at the office before the knoppix style HD install became an option).
The knoppix style HD install is a novelty, which has both positive and negative aspects. For me, standardized ways of doing things are pretty important, so the choice was fairly clear from the start. I just like to experiment.
I'm just glad knoppix came into being if only because I had found traditional debian installation to be a little arcane. I was one of those people who would've gladly chosen debian long ago but could just never get it up and running right. Add on knoppix's handiness for use in training, system recovery, and linux-on-the-go, and it's a slam dunk.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$128.96

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99