-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, python, so maybe you can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong?
I did a little experiment today using http://loacalhost:631 to configure just a plain old local printer on the parallel port of my PC. Now when I create the printer with root it works under root only. When I create the printer under my personal login (mrg) it works when I'm logged-in as root and when I'm logged-in as mrg. Isn't this already wierd? SHouldn't root be able to create a printer for anyone to use?
Now for the really hairy part. I created 12 users with adduser for my students to save their files remotely via fish and this is working fine. But, when my students create a printer for themselves using http://localhost:631, as I did with mrg, the printer does not print for anyone except when you're logged-in as root!
The only differnece I can think of between mrg and the other non-super users is that I added these users after the hdinstall. In other words, knoppix-installer created root and mrg. Is there something special I need to do when using adduser for this to work right?
TIA,
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

AMD A10-7890K 4.1 GHz Socket FM2+ Desktop CPU Processor AD789KXDI44JC
$99.99