-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 8.6.1 : apt update fails due to security issue
Hello,
Long time ago I burned 8.6.1 on a DOK and ran: sudo apt update with not problems.
Now I tried the same and got several problems.
1. I had to remove /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00knoppix
2. I had to run: sudo RUN echo "deb http://security.d
ebian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/
sources.list
3. I had to run sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6ED0E7B82643E131
Now I got:
The repository 'http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release' does not
have a Release file.
In my opinion - big mistake.
Why can't I use a previous knoppix version ?
I did the same with centos 7.2 (for example) which is also old.
Works like a charm.
All I'm trying is to install grub-efi. Till now I spent several hours on a quite simple installation which should work.
Thank you,
Zvika
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco UCSC-M-V25-04 V02 10GB / 25GB 68-6971-04 Quad Port Network Adaptor
$399.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00