Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knoppix 8.6.1 : apt update fails due to security issue

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21

    knoppix 8.6.1 : apt update fails due to security issue

    Hello,

    Long time ago I burned 8.6.1 on a DOK and ran: sudo apt update with not problems.

    Now I tried the same and got several problems.
    1. I had to remove /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00knoppix

    2. I had to run: sudo RUN echo "deb http://security.d
    ebian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/
    sources.list

    3. I had to run
    sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6ED0E7B82643E131

    Now I got:
    The repository 'http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release' does not
    have a Release file.

    In my opinion - big mistake.
    Why can't I use a previous knoppix version ?

    I did the same with centos 7.2 (for example) which is also old.
    Works like a charm.

    All I'm trying is to install grub-efi. Till now I spent several hours on a quite simple installation which should work.

    Thank you,
    Zvika


  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    21
    Hello,


    In 9.1 I modified /etc/apt/sources.list:


    deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian bullseye main contrib non-free
    All other 'deb' lines were blocked (#)
    This is because 9.1 is based on debian bullseye.


    Then, sudo apt-get update worked.


    Thank you,
    Zvika

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99