-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 8.6.1 : apt update fails due to security issue
Hello,
Long time ago I burned 8.6.1 on a DOK and ran: sudo apt update with not problems.
Now I tried the same and got several problems.
1. I had to remove /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00knoppix
2. I had to run: sudo RUN echo "deb http://security.d
ebian.org/debian-security bullseye-security main contrib non-free" > /etc/apt/
sources.list
3. I had to run sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 6ED0E7B82643E131
Now I got:
The repository 'http://security.debian.org stable/updates Release' does not
have a Release file.
In my opinion - big mistake.
Why can't I use a previous knoppix version ?
I did the same with centos 7.2 (for example) which is also old.
Works like a charm.
All I'm trying is to install grub-efi. Till now I spent several hours on a quite simple installation which should work.
Thank you,
Zvika
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4" 128GB Gray WiFi Tablet w/ S Pen SM-X610NZACXAR
$399.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Qty.8 Samsung 16GB 2RX4 Pc4 2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q Ram Memory
$599.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00