-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Laptop corrupts CD
--It could very well be your cdrom drive. A way to get around it, if you have 700MB free space on the c:\ drive:
o ftp the x:\knoppix\knoppix CD file from another computer to the laptop -> c:\knoppix\knoppix
o boot from floppy (x:\knoppix\mkfloppy.bat - poor man's install) and install to HD from there.
--After everything is up and working, you can delete the c:\knoppix dir.
--Are you using CDRW? If so, switch to CDR and try that on the laptop instead. Older drives have problems with cdrw.

Originally Posted by
gretchen
I downloaded an ISO (3.3 2003-09-24) and checked the md5sum - it was correct. I burned the CD with k3b and tested it on a desktop with the testcd cheatcode and it said it was fine.
Tried to install to my laptop hard drive (debootstrap, knoppix-installer, and knx-hdinstall) and it came up with errors. So I ran testcd cheatcode on my laptop and it tells me the cd is bad. I ran testcd on another desktop and it came out fine. The memory in the laptop is good, I tested that too. Could it be my CD-ROM drive?
The laptop is a Gateway Solo 1450 that I'd really like to have a Linux partition on. I've installed Knoppix on it before it's only stopped working with 3.3
Similar Threads
-
By matbehns in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
-
By objectconstant in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 01:13 AM
-
By WolfCub in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 09:51 PM
-
By oneeyedelf1 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By drlizau in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

UBIQUITI UVP-TOUCH VoIP Desktop Touchscreen Smart Phone
$55.00

Cisco CP-7841-K9 4-Line Gigabit VoIP IP Phone PoE Office Desk 3.5" Display NEW
$89.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Polycom Poly ObiHai OBI302 VOIP Adapter FREE S/H
$29.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07