-
Need Modem Help in Knoppix 3.3 Cd
Need to know how I can get my modem to work correctly using the knoppix 3.3v cd?I tried doing all the possible settings for the modem but none can detect the modem.Modem is a CTX Soft K56 Datafax Carp modem in my Sony Laptop Model PCG-FRV-25.Mostly I get modem busy when trying to access it though the modem setup.I also disabled the realtek ethernet nic on this machine thinking there might be a conflict or sharing problem as well. Any answers on this problem would be greatly appreciated.E-mail me at [email protected] if you have a fix....and thanks.
-
Did you bother to check these forums before you asked? This question gets asked everyday and there are already a dozen posts with the same question in the Networking forum. Look there for answers.
Oh, ok. I'll be nice. Go to linmodems.org and see if they have a driver and instructions for you. You will probably have to compile the driver yourself.
I don't mean to sound harsh but nobody at this Knoppix forum ever bothers to LOOK before they ask.
Similar Threads
-
By ottosykora in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-02-2005, 11:58 PM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
-
By FarAway in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98