Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 52 of 52

Thread: Knoppix and Wireless

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    15
    I have a dell TrueMobile 1150 card. I am running Knoppix 4.0.2 using a 'beginners' install. However, this is where my situation is a little strange. To boot on my Sony PCG-Z505 laptop, i must disable the PCMCIA slot via a cheatcode (I use the external Sony CD-Rom). This carries over to my hard disk install and I have no access to the PCMCIA slot. Doesn't recognize the card.
    How do I change this?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58

    Knoppix & 802.11b

    I have an HP 44500ze laptop and a Linksys2.4GHz adapter for notebook, model wpc11 Ver. 4. I have a Winblow$ XP pro installation that it works okay with in the local public library. What I want to do is use the wireless with my Knoppix 5.1.1 live CD distro for surfing from the library and e-mail since i can't use their e-mail server and mine won't see me at the library. I guess I'm not as tech-able as I thought because I've tried the wrappers and i still can not get it to function. Rather than tie up inordinate amounts of time here if someone would kindly point me towards a link, site or wiki that will explain in words of 2 syllables or less how to set this wifi up and hopefully get it to work on an open non-encrypted network.I once got it to see the card, but could not get it to see the network.
    TIA and please try not to laugh too loud.
    In Service & In Health,
    Captain V. Cautious

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Knoppix?
    By JakReloaded in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
  2. Knoppix Wireless
    By zfirestone in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
  3. No Wireless Extensions/No wireless card found?
    By sparticus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
  4. Knoppix and wireless
    By tursiops in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
  5. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Cisco UCS-Raid9271CV-8I Cisco LSI MegaRaid SAS Controller picture

Cisco UCS-Raid9271CV-8I Cisco LSI MegaRaid SAS Controller

$21.99