-
Got it working in a Knoppix 3.3 installed to hard drive. Just install de deb, follow the steps to compile de modules, and then use your browser to upload the windows drivers.
I'm writing this from my Acer Travelmate 800 with Intel Centrino wireless card. Range is great (much better than a PCMCIA Ovislink I tried), and the driver so far works well under linux. I can scan with "iwlist eth1 scan", and set the essid, encryption key, ap, and some more commands with iwconfig.
My main complaint is that when I lose contact with the accesspoint I get:
Code:
Nov 8 10:55:31 murdock kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
Nov 8 10:55:31 murdock kernel: eth1: Tx timeout! <6>eth1: New link status: Disconnected (0002)
And even if I get connected again, I have to bring down the interface with "ifconfig eth1 down" and bring it up again to make it work. But I don't know if this is a common problem with all wireless devices or just this driver.
Similar Threads
-
By JakReloaded in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
-
By zfirestone in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By tursiops in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Vaquform DT2 - Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine
$800.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99