-
Re: Knoppix and Wireless
I am completely new to Knoppix but have a Dell 8500 laptop. I get Knoppix running ok on it but no wireless connection. Sounds like this is a solution but I have no idea how to get it onto the Knoppix CD. Could someone explain it to me as if I were a four year old? Thanks.

Originally Posted by
aay
Ok some people will like me posting this and some won't, because it's essentially it's a post about using closed sorce drivers. Moreover they are Windows drivers with wrappers. I can't resist however because it simply looks so interesting.
Anyone who has wanted to use 802.11g (Broadcom Chip) or Intel Centrino wireless with linux has basically been up the creek until now. But it looks like there is now an option to at least get these working.
If you fall into this category, check out the following page:
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/
Linuxant has produced debs for their driver loader so the install shouldn't be hard. I don't yet have any requsite hardware to test these things on, but I would be interested in hearing the experiences of those who try to get their centrino wireless working.
Ok, now flame me for suggesting you use closed source.

Similar Threads
-
By JakReloaded in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 11:17 PM
-
By zfirestone in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 10:31 PM
-
By sparticus in forum Laptops
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:55 AM
-
By tursiops in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Timetec 64GB KIT(2x32GB) Compatible for Apple DDR4 2666MHz
$249.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Lot Of 50 16GB DDR4 2666V RAM DIMM Desktop Memory Samsung Ramaxel Tested Working
$3199.99

Dell 32GB DDR5 5600 CAMM KYHG6V Precision 7670 7680 7770 7780 16Gx8 Memory
$669.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00