You can find out which package a file belongs to with :
dpkg -S file
example :
dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
I have some software that I want to take out but
apt-get remove or k-package cant find the software that I want to remove.
I can find the bin files by typing where is but these specific apps dont have any etc files.
In particular am talking about xeyes xlogo and some other stupid little programs like that.
If i just go ahead and delete the bin files will that cause a problem?
You can find out which package a file belongs to with :
dpkg -S file
example :
dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77
WiFi Only Samsung Galaxy Tab A9 Plus 11.0" 128GB Black SM-X210
$139.99
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00