You can find out which package a file belongs to with :
dpkg -S file
example :
dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
I have some software that I want to take out but
apt-get remove or k-package cant find the software that I want to remove.
I can find the bin files by typing where is but these specific apps dont have any etc files.
In particular am talking about xeyes xlogo and some other stupid little programs like that.
If i just go ahead and delete the bin files will that cause a problem?
You can find out which package a file belongs to with :
dpkg -S file
example :
dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
xbase-clients: /usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99