1 - Try ' nparted ' as root. If that doesn't work, ' apt-get install nparted ' while connected to the Internet, and try it again.

2 - For a list of Debian progs, you can use apt-cache search, or visit the Debian Packages Page: http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

--For more (unofficial) Debian packages, you can visit: http://www.apt-get.org/

--Right now, Debian deals mostly in .deb packages, not rpm. However, there is an rpm command included, and Debian is partnered up with someone to start making rpms and debs coexist nicely.
http://arstechnica.com/archive/news/1067056799.html

--For more info, search the boards for ' apt '.

Quote Originally Posted by tapique
hi guys, today i've tried Knoppix for first time (it's also my firt attempt of Linux system), i've got some questions:

1) I downloaded Parted (http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/), but i don't know what file to run? Or it's application without GUI?

2) I don't know which type of programs i have to download, for RedHat, Suse, Mandrake, ... I haven't seen any application for Knoppix specialy, would you give me some advice?

That's all for this moment , thanx