-
Add special hardware to the hardware detection on boot
Hello,
It is possible to add speciall interface card (NI PCI-GPIB) to the hardware detection routine ? The Linux driver for this card is available as loadable module.
Where can I find more information about the configuration of the hardware detection used in KNOPPIX ?
thx Danmak
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've opted to do a HD install using the Knoppix-installer and chosen to make that a Debian style install. (see the significance later) I've been playing around with Kino which requires modules 'raw1394 and ohci1394 to be loaded, so Kino can control the i/f directly. What I did, was just add them to '/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh' that is I added the following lines:-
modprobe raw1394
modprobe ohci1394
Unfortunately, if you have a Knoppix style install, you won't find bootmisc.sh - all the clever stuff is done with this script (and probably others):-
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
-It's rather complex, I got no further than commenting out a couple of lines to trick the script into enabling dma by default!!! You might recognise some of it running at boot time.....
Stu.....
-
Senior Member
registered user
PS. I'm a linux newbie, so I could be suggesting quite the wrong way to do things!!!
-
Similar Threads
-
By obsoleto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By jcostello in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2004, 01:33 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
-
By staverts in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 06:48 AM
-
By Christer in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99