-
Internet via other pc problem
My ISDN modem doesn't get recognized in koppix 3.2.
With windows 2000 I can share internet on my other computer and if i enter the defaultgateway and dns same as computer's 2 IP i can go online.
Does someone know if this is possible with knoppix to go online via a shared connection?
I tried to do it via KNOPPIX > Network/Internet > Network card configuration and then enter the ips but if i used Konqueror i couldn't view any pages.
And how can I see if I am in a network and how can I view shared directories from other pcs?
-
Sound right
setup normal internet connection sharing on Win 2000 only you will have to enter manually the information of configuration into the Knoppix. Most of the info can be entered in the normal "Network Configuration" screen. You will need to get the Windows computer's IP address, subnet, gatway, etc to enter. Or you can enable DHCP [which is part of ICS I believe?] and try to let Knoppix figure it out.
I've had one set up just like this before with DSL. One note: If you have proprietary windows internet connectors, you may have difficulty getting proxy to work properly. Example: I have AOL and it's wretched to share...they want AOL only hosts you see. It can be shared via proxy software [not ics], but they have the software setup to crash when you start a second connection---that bites! The alternative is to buy an "approved" router, or hack your own and hope it works.
Similar Threads
-
By Triton in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 05:43 PM
-
By bstemp in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-08-2004, 11:50 PM
-
By clockworx in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-30-2004, 09:45 PM
-
By Prons in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:46 PM
-
By kingarthur in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

LOT OF 20 128GB 2230 M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs | Mixed Brands
$269.95

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00