Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: MTRRs ?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50

    MTRRs ?

    What are mtrrs? dmesg say's I'm out after trying to load nvidia driver.

    Can they be increased?

    Also my onboard SIS 530 AGP has issues so I installed a new/used graphics card but the onboard graphics is still being detected. How can I stop the detection? I think its causing problems with the nvidia drivers.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: MTRRs ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
    What are mtrrs? dmesg say's I'm out after trying to load nvidia driver.
    Memory Type Range Registers

    Can they be increased?
    /proc/mtrr is where you would adjust the MTRR's but that is not something to be toyed with trivially.

    Also my onboard SIS 530 AGP has issues so I installed a new/used graphics card but the onboard graphics is still being detected. How can I stop the detection? I think its causing problems with the nvidia drivers.
    Sure sounds like one and the same problem. Can you disable the onboard video in the BIOS? I would think that's your best bet.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    No disable of on board. Only choice was to lower memory to minimum and boot up PCI first. Can the SIS AGP drivers be shutoff by command?

    Thanks

    BTW Use to play B-Ball back in Colorado Springs in the early 90's great town!

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
    No disable of on board. Only choice was to lower memory to minimum and boot up PCI first. Can the SIS AGP drivers be shutoff by command?
    Is your nvidia card on the PCI bus? If so perhaps booting PCI first will do the trick. Could you post some hardware specs- maybe someone else has seen or dealt with this?

    BTW Use to play B-Ball back in Colorado Springs in the early 90's great town!
    A 14,000 ft mountain in my backyard, no humidity, hiking, biking, rafting, kayaking, skiing, snowbunnies, etc.- yeah I kinda like it here too.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    The Nvidia boots first, Bios is set to boot PCI. It seems to be working I can run Tux Racer (half off the screen) but am unable to adjust screen resolution or amount of colors. Also when you do glxinfo it shows as a GForce 4 card. Just think the SIS onboard drivers are causing conflicts at this point.

    Thanks

    I lived in Estes Park back in the early 70's. That was a great town to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50