-
How to run a pgm *after* "knoppix" user is logged
I'm trying to get a pgm to run in a KDE konsole window *after*
Knoppix automatically logs in the default "knoppix" user.
I.E. I simply want to save the user the work of having to
start a konsole session and type a command.
I appended these commands to /etc/profile:
konsole & (just a test cmd to try to get *any* konsole to display)
konsole -e="x.bin" &
But neither had any effect (no konsoles displayed).
My *other* /etc/profile commands execute just fine.
But I simply cannot get a konsole window to open.
Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.
Thanks,
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By Jesse in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-04-2004, 09:43 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
-
By CyberBug84 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01