Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Error: Only one processor found

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1

    Error: Only one processor found

    Hello I have been having problems booting from my Knoppix CDR.

    I have set the boot option to boot from CDRom first and placed my Knoppix CDR into the relevent CDRom and it starts to boot.

    But then I get an arror message "Error: Only one processor found" and then I get another message repeated over and again until I reboot "HDA has lost interupt".

    I have recently upgraded my computer and was able to use Knoppix happily on the old one booting from CDR.

    Is Knoppix not suitable for an AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    61

    Dittto

    I've got the same problem on a new computer I just got at work. It's an Athalon 2500+ with a SIS board. I'd just assumed the board was too bleeding edge....maybe not?

    I can get Knoppix to run with "noapm noapic" boot options. I'm using a really old monitor, so I also use "screen=800x600" or I get a black screen at X start [but that's probably a monitor issue]

    come to thing about it....but tutulatin celeron & 815 mobo at home seem to have the same issue with 3.3 [but not the others] & again the same thing as above works to get going.

    Seems to be a 3.3 problem? What's up?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1
    I Have a Celeron 1.7 Running on a Intel 845GE Board. When I Boot it also desplays "Error: Only One Processor", but unlike you guys my system starts and I can run anything on the knoppix CD. I have even installed knoppix to the HDD and still gives me the error. Maybe the new mother board architecture is giving Debian false info so as to make it think it is a dual processor board (With intel this could be Hyper Threading, Don't know about AMD). Just a thought ....

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4
    i get same error on my Single CPU Athlon 1700+ system
    board is Asus if it helps
    and i was running knoppix in VMWare 4.x if it helps

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    The same error apears on my new Duron 1600, Asrock K7S8XE with SiS 748 Chipset. Right after the error-message the boot process stops.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1
    it thinks you have 2 processors and can only find one. Why it thinks this I do not know. I am researching this further will write back when I find some valid Info. Something to do with SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) [/quote]

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    41
    I've seen the "only one processor" error on lots of machines; I figure it's normal. If Knoppix finds a processor with hyperthreading it can support, the kernel will load twice and you'll see two cartoon penguins on boot instead of just the one. The fanciest Toshiba laptop will do this.

    Those of you who are having trouble booting are probably dealing with a different problem. You could try starting with "knoppix test" to verify the integrity of the CD.

Similar Threads

  1. Error: updfstab.conf Not Found
    By sakiZ in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 07:02 PM
  2. Boot error - one processor found, sorted that but...
    By kezzar in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
  3. Error: only one processor found
    By jhweeks in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
  4. error:only one procssor found
    By frankino in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 10:18 PM
  5. Error: only one processor found !?!
    By sepht in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-24-2003, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046 picture

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046

$24.99