Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: X windows confing info

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    X windows confing info

    This is a bit off of the Knoppix topic.. but I have a question. And since I see Knoppix as something alot of people use as a "tool" rather than as a full time desktop operating system... maybe I am not too far off the topic. Anyhow, my question.

    I am going to be installing another version of Linux which will require me to manually configure X. Is there a certain config file I can access within Knoppix's ramdisk which will tell me what settings knoppix used for X? Then I can just use this info. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: X windows confing info

    /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

    Quote Originally Posted by ou71aw
    This is a bit off of the Knoppix topic.. but I have a question. And since I see Knoppix as something alot of people use as a "tool" rather than as a full time desktop operating system... maybe I am not too far off the topic. Anyhow, my question.

    I am going to be installing another version of Linux which will require me to manually configure X. Is there a certain config file I can access within Knoppix's ramdisk which will tell me what settings knoppix used for X? Then I can just use this info. Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2
    ty good sir

Similar Threads

  1. Step 2 info
    By HOfL in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 12:37 PM
  2. Ip info
    By firebyrd10 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2004, 04:38 AM
  3. Program info needed.
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 05:20 AM
  4. fluxbox info?
    By three eyes open in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2003, 02:57 AM
  5. Info on Knoppix
    By Suunsu in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-09-2003, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99