-
Working Laptop!
Hi guys!
I just downloaded Knoppix V3.3-2003-09-2 and it works perfectly well on my Dell Inspiron 5100! I just pop the CD in and I enjoy this fine piece of art!
I have to say, nice job! It is free and it is worth every byte of it!
Actually the main reason of this post is to share your success stores and your positve (and negative) experiences. I hope you'll like it.
And here's my observation of the whole "Operating System War!"
Let them debut their wannabe OS that will be released in a couple of years. Let them build their shiny, out of date OSes on our favorite kernel. Let them say what they want. Let them accuse us of not being "secure" (from viruses, hackers, etc...) It wouldn't make a difference. There is a simple fact that they don't understand. Linux is the Best, period.
Edit: The built-in winmodem, which is a Conexant, and the power management don't work. I haven't really tried setting either one up, but I'm sure there are drivers for both of them. The power management is a little hard to get to work, thought.
Similar Threads
-
By deevs in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By eLiTe-X in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 08:55 AM
-
By pwoods in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2003, 10:55 PM
-
By twyatt4321 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 08:39 PM
-
By WANDr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 10:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00

Dell Optiplex 7040 MT, i7-6700 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR4 RAM, NO HDD/OS #95
$65.00