-
Knoppix not booting
Hi,
I've recently downloaded Knoppix Ver 3.3 24/09/2003 and successfully checked the file with against it's corresponding md5 file. I've then burnt the image to CD using Easy CD creator but I can't seem to get any Pc to boot from it all I get is what looks to me like a dos screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. Could somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong here, I'm new to linux but I do have a little experience of other unix systems. Also, I can see two files on the CD when I browse it on a windows system they are:
bootcat.bin - 2kb
bootimg.bin - 716,626kb
Any help would be much appreciated - or should I just buy the CD?
Steven
Similar Threads
-
By o0oO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By MindTricks in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By James in forum General Support
Replies: 16
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:28 AM
-
By linpin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 06:36 PM
-
By Mindfield in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99

Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00

64 GB Ram (32x2) Memory for laptop: Samsung PC4 2Rx8 2666V.
$280.00