Please searcin this forum for "dell" for many more posts about this.
e.g. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1878#8849
Hello everyone,
whilst waiting for an engineer here at work to connect my brand new Dell to the intranet, a colleague of mine suggested I try Knoppix, which he told me was a really neat concept.
I booted up with the Knoppix CD, messed about a little and then shut the system down. Next time I turned my computer on, lo and behold, no sign of life at all!
When the computer turns on it simply doesn't do anything and I can't boot off a CD because they don't seem to be detected even though the drive seems to show some activity. My monitor doesn't respond (although it works on other machines) and so on. The computer is running but it simply doesn't boot.
I wonder if my computer's death occurring straight after my first Knoppix test drive is a coincidence. Did Knoppix kill my computer?
Any ideas? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Very best regards,
Geir Freysson.
Please searcin this forum for "dell" for many more posts about this.
e.g. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1878#8849

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch Network Expansion TL-SG105
$19.95
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95