Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix not booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Knoppix not booting

    Hi,

    I've recently downloaded Knoppix Ver 3.3 24/09/2003 and successfully checked the file with against it's corresponding md5 file. I've then burnt the image to CD using Easy CD creator but I can't seem to get any Pc to boot from it all I get is what looks to me like a dos screen with a blinking cursor in the top left corner. Could somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong here, I'm new to linux but I do have a little experience of other unix systems. Also, I can see two files on the CD when I browse it on a windows system they are:

    bootcat.bin - 2kb
    bootimg.bin - 716,626kb

    Any help would be much appreciated - or should I just buy the CD?

    Steven

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Sorted it now

    It was because of the way I was openeing it in Easy CD creator, it's sorted now, if anybody is interested, I recommend double clicking on the ISO file from windows explorer and letting easy cd do all of the configuring for itself!

    Thanks

    Steven

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix not booting
    By o0oO in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:16 PM
  2. Booting to knoppix
    By MindTricks in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:53 AM
  3. Booting Knoppix from HDD
    By James in forum General Support
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 07:28 AM
  4. booting knoppix
    By linpin in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 06:36 PM
  5. Booting Knoppix KDE 3.1 CD
    By Mindfield in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01