Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Stop agpgart from loading

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50

    Stop agpgart from loading

    Since I am not using on board graphics is there a way to prevent agpgart module from loading? (Using a PCI graphics card) Or would this be a really bad thing to do?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    boot: knoppix noagp

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    Thank you!

    If this works can it be made permanent?

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
    Thank you!

    If this works can it be made permanent?

    Thanks
    IF you save your config it will be used everytime you boot with that config.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    Um, I dont think I can do boot: noagp This is a HD install and it just goes into the OS. Is there a .conf I can edit?

    Thanks

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
    Um, I dont think I can do boot: noagp This is a HD install and it just goes into the OS. Is there a .conf I can edit?

    Thanks
    Edit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and add rmmod agpgart at the bottom of the file just before the : exit 0 and it will get removed every time at boot.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Edit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and add rmmod agpgart at the bottom of the file just before the : exit 0 and it will get removed every time at boot.
    I am not able to find :exit 0 in the file. Do I need to add the rmmod agpart towards the bottom?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by dave52355
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Edit /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and add rmmod agpgart at the bottom of the file just before the : exit 0 and it will get removed every time at boot.
    I am not able to find :exit 0 in the file. Do I need to add the rmmod agpart towards the bottom?

    Thanks
    Yes just put it at the bottom of the file and it will be removed every time you boot.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    Nope didn't work the AGPGART still loaded and the onboard video was still detected.

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    50
    I think unless I can remove the onboard video (which I cannot) or get my HD installed Knoppix 3.3 to stop detecting the onboard video I won't be able to get my GForce 4 card to work properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Xserver agpgart Intel i815 needs intel_agp
    By Harald Jennerich in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 12:50 PM
  2. Setup problems with resolution / agpgart module
    By adhoc in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
  3. need to stop a module from loading using a text editor?????
    By voldemort in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 11:36 AM
  4. temporarily stop xserver from loading
    By IamPi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 09:22 PM
  5. How to check if AGPGART is compiled in the kernel
    By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 11:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010) picture

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)

$149.00



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99