I have Knoppix 3.3 Hd install on a Toshiba 1710CDS laptop. I keep gwtting 'ghost' color bands on the screen when the screen is trying to display a white background. the color bands sometimes change as the mouse cursor passes over them, sometimes not. also, they are not always present. for instance, right now I have four Konqueror tabs open all displaying Knoppix.net messages on a white background. One tab has the problem bands, the others do not.
Video card is ATI Rage mobility-C, driver for this exact card not available so I have tried the 'Generic' card as well as all of the ATI Rage mobility models available with Knoppix. Also tried VGA card & several different monitors besides the generic LCD monitor. maybe it's not a video card/monitor problem? I also had this problem on my previous desktop box but I no longer have it & I forget what the spec was.
Anyone have any ideas? Any other Toshiba users have this problem? [/url]

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00