-
Password protection and forced graphical login
I am really happy with my customization but now am blocked: I have to enable kdm or xdm to control the access.
It works in chrooted environment but not on the burned image.
Tried to launch kdm in /etc/init.d/xsession (after X is started) but with no success (nor with xdm)
Any help by you gurus would be really appreciated.
Knoppix is GREAT !
-
Senior Member
registered user
don't you have to start *dm instead of starting X?
-
I thought about this but what about the detection of the accurate X server ?
I think I also have to play with pam config but I am a little bit lost ....
-
Senior Member
registered user
imho it isn't a big problem, just change XFree86 in kdm in xsession. you may have to remove some of the parameters though. Detection isnt done in xsession, it copies XF86Config-4 to /etc/X11/ in knoppix-autoconfig
-
Ok but it seems that there's some (re)probing in xsession.
I can't figure where I should start *dm and how the process could go on after (but it must also be because of my lack of knowledge in Linux)
-
simply put /etc/init.d/xdm start in your inittab.
then be sure to copy /etc/X11/XF86config-4 to your chrooted X11.
it works fine, i did some days ago
good luck
Similar Threads
-
By bgsneeze in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By Orion Pax in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 01:50 PM
-
By koma in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 08:04 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 09:39 PM
-
By eporue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 04:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard
$95.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99