don't you have to start *dm instead of starting X?
I am really happy with my customization but now am blocked: I have to enable kdm or xdm to control the access.
It works in chrooted environment but not on the burned image.
Tried to launch kdm in /etc/init.d/xsession (after X is started) but with no success (nor with xdm)
Any help by you gurus would be really appreciated.
Knoppix is GREAT !
don't you have to start *dm instead of starting X?
I thought about this but what about the detection of the accurate X server ?
I think I also have to play with pam config but I am a little bit lost ....
imho it isn't a big problem, just change XFree86 in kdm in xsession. you may have to remove some of the parameters though. Detection isnt done in xsession, it copies XF86Config-4 to /etc/X11/ in knoppix-autoconfig
Ok but it seems that there's some (re)probing in xsession.
I can't figure where I should start *dm and how the process could go on after (but it must also be because of my lack of knowledge in Linux)
simply put /etc/init.d/xdm start in your inittab.
then be sure to copy /etc/X11/XF86config-4 to your chrooted X11.
it works fine, i did some days ago
good luck

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 motherboard +AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU+Cooler
$250.00